- Provide belay instruction, staff belays, technique instruction, and belay checks
- Enthusiastically belay and serve events; provide the necessary orientation
- Front desk: answer phone, answer customer questions, enter data, paperwork, ring people up, monitor check-in
- Perform retail sales
- Assist in inspecting and updating the climbing facility and equipment – report all issues to managers
- Monitor facility at all times by keeping a constant watch of everyone in the gym in order to enforce safety techniques, policies, and rules and facilitate accident prevention.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and trainings sessions
- Return all equipment to its proper home immediately after use
- Make sure every customer entering the climbing area has a signed waiver that they have read and understand
- Provide the necessary orientations and fill out all necessary paperwork when giving orientations and lessons
- Cleaning and maintenance of facility including, but not limited to, climbing floor, upstairs floor, bathrooms, exercise machines, tables, cubbies, desk area, telephone booth, climbing holds
- Notify management of all emergencies, complaints, incidents, and discipline problems
- Greet customers in a courteous, timely, and professional manner
- Uphold the highest level of professionalism and provide the highest level of customer service
- Promote positive public relations through personal contact with the public – Create excitement!
- Act as a positive, responsible role model both in and out of the gym
- Be on time and follow the assigned work schedule
- Wear the proper work attire while presenting a professional and hygienically clean appearance
- Be 16 years old or older
- Weekend availability (Friday night, Saturday Sunday) in addition to some weekday availability
- Must be able to work at least two of the three weekend days listed above
- Outgoing with a desire to work with people of all ages and abilities
- Ability to communicate information effectively
- Ability to be patient in all circumstances
- Attention to detail
- Excited about climbing
How To Apply:
If you think you would be a good fit for one of the listed jobs at Island Rock, please download, fill out, and send us an application. Attach and email as a PDF to [email protected] or fax to (516) 933-2510. When emailing, please put the job you are applying for in the subject line.
Additionally, if you have a resume you would like to attach, please include that in addition to the application.
Download Job Application